In today’s digital world, it’s important for every brand to have not only a strong but effective online presence to convert the leads and expand your business.
As every customer and competitors are now online. Keeping the best brand image among your competitors is moving towards a tougher end. In short, creating trustworthy, shareable and readily available content is the best defense against any negative comment or review. Negative search results can influence a company’s reputation to a great extent. Research reveals that online reputation is more important than ever today.
Take a look at the following statistics to understand its importance:
- 65% of internet users value online search results as trusted sources of information about companies.
- 80% of consumers place equal weight on both online reviews and personal recommendations.
- 85% of consumers surf the internet before making a purchase decision.
- 70% of consumers shift towards other brands based on online information.
- 85% of people search this keyword “Brand Name” reviews on Google before buying any product/services from your company.
- Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn are growing strongly as recommendation channels.
Your customers put their trust in you when they make buying decisions, whether you’re selling a product or selling a popular service. One way they can create that trust is with a positive brand image. The major positive effect of this is getting free marketing.
Tips to ameliorate your reputation online:
- Online Tools which help you to keep a track of the online position of your brand.
These are few reputation monitors which keep you updated if any alert comes. The hack is to engage with the alerts before anything catches flame.
2. Don’t stay out of the league.
- Making a social presence in today’s online world is a kind of very powerful marketing.
- Your brand should be present on all the social media sites namely, Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Instagram, LinkedIn depending upon your niche.
- The important part here is engaging with people and making your name so powerful that they can correlate things with your business.
- Clicking your brand logo/name or your products/services in the mind of people/business is necessary.
- Pro Tip: If you have these accounts, interlink them with each other and link to them from your blog/website and they should rank really well in the search engines.
3. Develop an attractive Company Blog
Maintaining a blog is predominant to not only promote your brand but also enhance visibility in search engines. Search Engine loves Blogs if they involve any type of Infographics, Photos or videos.
Benefits of having a company/individual blog:
- On the spot Marketing and Publicity
- Search Ranking boosts up
- Additional Income through more impressions
- Good source of traffic on the website
- Way to generate leads
- You can share about the company and the environment which surrounds your business
Tips to tweak your online reputation using reviews:
- Capture reviews from past customers.
- Don’t be afraid of bad reviews
- It’s not so important that every review should be a 5 star. It’s okay to get lower rating reviews so that it looks more authentic.
- Do a great job. Don’t let Customers review you negatively.
2. Always ask for feedbacks.
- The best way to do this is by making this automated.
- Whenever you provide your customers with your services or products, ask for feedback so that your company reputation is updated regularly.
- The most convenient way to do this is by asking them for reviews Face to face. Doing this has a great impact as they can review you right away in real time.
3. Make sure you engage with the customers.
- Read and Reply is the main key to engage customers.
- Take into consideration all reviews, whether good or bad.
- Important: Don’t be argumentative with your customers, this leads to a bad impact on the company and doesn’t look worthy in the professional world.
- This increases more content which directly enhances your brand’s online reputation.
4. Outsourcing/Hiring if you don’t have time.
- Hire ORM Consultant who is an expert in engaging with the customers and know hacks to increase your brand reputation.
- Outsource search optimization works to some digital agency. You can check Zaitoon Digital agency, a one-stop agency for all the digital needs offers Online reputation management services.
- This is not something that can be skipped.
5. Remove fake and anonymous reviews.
- A lot of your competitors will be putting various fake reviews to let down your reputation online. There are many ways to remove these;
- More good reviews can bury under that bad review which an anonymous person wrote.
- The other way is to contact your local Google and show them proof that the person is fake and they will help you to take that review down.
- Important: Having a few Bad reviews sometimes help you to look the real business.
- Try to make the most out of a Negative Review
6. Build profiles in multiple review sites.
- There are different review sites for each bracket of business.
- Some common review sites are Google, Bing, Quora, Facebook, Yellow Pages, Amazon Customer Reviews.
- You can also engage with people on various groups on Facebook and by listing your business on different sites.